2022 SNGA Players of the Year Tour Series
For the first time in Southern Nevada Golf Association history, four players of the year were determined in 2022 in the 1-day Tour Series. Making history were Daren Johnson, David Koch, Jeffrey English and Michael Haas.
Here are their highlights plus a video spotlighting each.
SNGA Tour Series Player of the Year
Silver Division – Jeffrey English
- Won the Silver Division Tour series POY with a total of 260 points. 88 points ahead of 2nd
- Jeff played in 7 SNGA Tour events. Out of those 7 events he had 2 victories and finished inside the Top 3 in all but one event.
- High finishes include
- A 2nd place finish at the SNGA Tour Best Ball Stableford event at Bears Best with his partner, Patrick Woerner.
- 1st Place at the SNGA Tour -Legacy event held at Legacy Golf Club in Henderson.
- A victory at the SNGA Tour Individual Stableford event at Coyote Springs Golf Club.
Senior Division – Dave Koch
- Dave won the Senior Division with a total of 322 points. This was 99 points ahead of 2nd place and the largest number of points earned in any SNGA Tour points race.
- Out of the 10 Tour events Dave played, he won 4 of them and finished inside the top 5 in 9 out of 10.
- His wins include…..
- 1st Place in February at the SNGA Tour event at Aliante Golf Club
- 1st Place in April at the SNGA Tour Legacy event at The Legacy Golf Club
- 1st Place in July at the SNGA Tour event at Siena Golf Club.
- Three more 2nd place finishes, a T-3, and 2 4th place finishes round out an impressive 2022 for Dave Koch.
Net – Mike Haas
- Our Net Division SNGA Tour Series Player of the Year, Mike Haas may have had the hardest road to victory. In our Tour events, the Net Division is by far the largest division. Meaning there were a ton of other people vying for the POY title. To put it in perspective, there were 11 other people within 50 points of 1st place for POY.
- Considering that there were 100 points on line for winning the final event of the year, the SNGA Tour Championship held at Las Vegas National, it goes to show how close this race was.
- Some of Mike’s highlights include a T-2 finish in February at Aliante Golf Club, a solo 2nd place finish in October at Las Vegas Golf Club, and a 4th place finish in April at Legacy Golf Club.
- On one last note about Mike. Mike started playing with the SNGA about 2-3 years ago. He had just recently taken up golf and at the time he started was a 30 index. He plays in a lot of tournaments and skins games, works hard on his game, and all that hard work has paid off. He is down to around a 14 handicap in that short time and continues to get better.
Championship – Daren Johnson
- Our SNGA Tour Series Championship POY was Daren Johnson. Daren proved you can win POY even if you are not able to play in a ton of events as long as you take advantage of the times you are able to play.
- In only 3 events, Daren racked up 2 wins and a 3rd place finish. He ended up winning the points race by only 10 points, making it the closest points race we had.
- His finishes include….
- A 3rd place finish at the SNGA Tour event in October at Las Vegas Golf Club.
- A victory at the SNGA Tour Individual Stableford event at Coyote Springs.
- And most importantly, a victory at the double points end of the year SNGA Tour Championship at Las Vegas National.
- Several Duos Tame Coyote Springs to Earn SNGA Tour Titles
- Member Club Spotlight – Stallion Mountain Ladies Association
- Women’s SNGA Heads North and Brings Back Prestigious Silver Cup Trophy
- Las Vegas City Am Week Is Now Southern Nevada Golf Association Tradition
- SNGA Member Club Spotlight – Sun City Summerlin 18 Holers