WOMEN’S SOUTHERN NEVADA GOLF ASSOCIATION, INC.
The name of this organization shall be the Women’s Southern Nevada Golf Association (WSNGA).
First: To promote interest in women’s golf throughout Southern Nevada
Second: To promote an authoritative body to govern and conduct the Southern Nevada Women’s Amateur Championship Tournament and the Southern Nevada Senior Women’s Amateur Championship Tournament and cooperate in conducting State Tournaments
Third: To promote and foster among members a closer bond and fraternity for their joint mutual benefit, and to promote and conserve the best interests and true spirit of the game of golf as embodied in its ancient and honorable traditions.
Fourth: To encourage conformance to the United States Golf Association (USGA) Rules of Golf
Section 1: Golf Association Eligibility:
Any women’s golf association in Southern Nevada comprised of at least ten (10) members who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, having elected officers, hold regular meetings and have members with current verifiable handicaps based on the USGA handicap system issued through the Southern Nevada Golf Association (SNGA) and approved by the WSNGA, may apply for membership.
Section 2: Associate Member Eligibility:
Any woman carrying a current verifiable handicap based on the USGA handicap system issued through the Southern Nevada Golf Association and approved by the WSNGA may be an associate member of Women’s Southern Nevada Golf Association.
Section 3: Admission:
A women’s golf association desiring membership in this Association shall submit a request for membership, a copy of their bylaws, and a list of officers. A one-time fee of $100.00 will be paid to the WSNGA upon approval of a majority vote of the WSGA Board of Directors.
Section 4: Membership Requirements:
First: Once accepted, member golf associations and associate members agree to abide by the WSNGA Bylaws, Standing Rules, and accept and enforce all decisions of the Board of Directors.
Second: Member golf associations will send two representatives to the regularly scheduled meetings.
Third: Once accepted, member golf associations and associate members shall fund the WSNGA in a manner and amount approved by the WSNGA Board of Directors.
Section 5: Member Golf Association Revocation:
First: Any golf association not meeting all membership requirements will be reviewed by the Board of Directors.
Second: Upon review, membership in WSNGA may be terminated by a majority vote of the WSNGA Board of Directors.
Section 1: The elective officers of the Association shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Tournament Chairperson. The term of office is two years. The elected officers shall comprise the Executive Board of the WSNGA.
Section 2: Election of Officers:
- Upon consent of the nominees, the Nominating Committee will present a slate at the annual meeting of the uneven calendar year. A minimum of two weeks prior to the annual meeting, a letter shall be sent to the Board of Directors stating the date of the election and the nominated slate.
- Nominations may be made from the floor after presentation of the slate. If nominations are made, a written ballot will be used for the election. Officers will be elected by a majority vote of Board of Directors present.
- Elected officers will hold office for two (2) years beginning January 1 and ending December 31.
- The President shall be responsible to fill elected vacancies by appointment with approval of the Board of Directors.
Section 3: Duties of Officers:
- Shall preside at all meetings
- Shall appoint chairpersons and members of committees.
- Shall notify eligible women’s golf associations about membership in WSNGA.
- Shall be an ex-officio member of all committees except the Nominating Committee.
- Shall respond to and disseminate USGA correspondence,
- Shall correspond and negotiate financial relationship with Southern Nevada Golf Association.
- Shall assist the President and perform the duties of President in her absence.
- Shall be responsible for the promotion of the WSNGA.
- Shall coordinate articles for the WSNGA Newsletter.
- Shall keep WSNGA web site updated with current information.
- Shall keep minutes of all meetings and send copies to the Board of Directors within thirty (30) days of any meeting held.
- Shall conduct the correspondence of the WSNGA.
- Shall notify member golf associations of the time and place of all meetings.
- Shall prepare the yearly WSNGA booklet consisting of participating golf association’s officers, team play schedule and rules, WSNGA bylaws, yearly calendar of events and other historical data.
- Shall receive and disburse all funds in the name of the Association subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Shall remit dues to the Nevada State Women’s Golf Association (NSWGA).
- Shall provide financial statements and a verbal report at each scheduled meeting.
- Shall provide the books to the Audit Committee.
- Shall track expenditures against the annual approved budget.
- Shall maintain a list of members for remittance to NSWGA.
- Shall be responsible for the coordination of WSNGA Tournaments.
- Shall provide the Executive Board with proposed budgets and sites for approval.
- Shall provide the Executive Board with a complete written accounting of the tournaments, including financial statements and winners’ list.
- Shall choose a Tournament Committee as deemed necessary.
- Shall investigate future tournament sites and bring recommendations to the Executive Board for presentation to the Board of Directors.
Immediate Past President:
- Shall serve in the advisory capacity to the WSNGA board for one year after her term is completed.
- She shall have no voting authority unless she is a representative for her golf association.
Board of Directors
Section 1; The Board of Directors shall consist of elected Officers, two representatives from each golf association, six (6) elected State Delegates, Rules Chairperson, Team Play Coordinator, Silver Cup Team Captain, Communications Chairperson and Course Rating Chairperson.
- Elected Officers need not be representatives from their home Golf Associations. If they are on the Board of Directors due to their elected position, they may not represent their Golf Association as a Director for quorum purposes.
- Each member Golf Association is responsible to send two representatives. It is recommended, but not required, that one is the current president of each respective Golf Association.
- State Delegates are elected on a rotating basis and their term is for three years. A State Delegate may not represent her Golf Association as a Director for quorum purposes unless she is the official representative for her Golf Association.
The following positions will be appointed by the President:
- Rules Chairperson
- Team Play Coordinator
- Silver Cup Team Captain
- Course Rating Chairperson
- Communications Chairperson
- Handicap Chairperson
Section 2. Voting
- The President will vote to break a tie only.
- Each Director will have one vote regardless of the number of positions she holds (one person, one vote).
- Proxies must be written.
- Written proxies must be presented to the Secretary before the meeting commences.
- E-Mail Voting. When business of the association needs to be conducted outside of a regularly scheduled meeting and, in lieu of calling a special meeting, said business may be conducted by informing the delegates by e-mail of the business to be conducted. The delegates shall vote or respond by e-mail with said business being approved or disapproved by a majority of the delegates.
The Secretary of WSNGA shall be responsible for sending the e-mail to the delegates and keeping the electronic responses with her records for the period of her term. She shall also report the results of the electronic vote to the delegates and the Executive Board of WSNGA.
Section 3. The Board of Directors shall control and manage the affairs, funds, and property of this Association.
Section 4. The Board of Directors shall be responsible for and must render approval of all expenditures of funds over $200.00 by the Association. Such expenditures may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Publishing annual books.
- Actual expenses incurred by all standing committees.
- Telephone, postage, stationery, copying services, and like expenses incurred by officers in conducting Association affairs.
- Purchase of appropriate gifts.
- Monetary assistance for tournaments.
- Any proposals raising dues or other fees, as well as, unusual or new expenditures must be presented to the Board of Directors in adequate time so it may be presented to the member clubs.
Section 1. The Board of Directors will hold meetings when necessary. The annual meeting will be in the 4th quarter of the calendar year. Special meetings may be called as necessary. .
Section 2. Two-thirds of the Board of Directors shall constitute a quorum and the decision of the majority of those present shall be deemed valid.
Section 3. Adequate written notice must be given for each meeting.
Section 1. The Nominating Committee shall consist of three members from the Board of Directors. They may not belong to the same Golf Association.
- Ninety days before the annual meeting, the President will announce to the Board of Directors the names of the Nominating Committee.
- In the uneven calendar year, the Committee shall present a slate of officers comprised of any member of WSNGA.
- Each year the Committee shall present a slate for State Delegates. This slate may be selected from the membership at large.
Section 2. The Rules Chairperson may have as many committee members as deemed necessary.
Section 3. Team Play Coordinator will be the Team Play Facilitator.
Section 4. Course Rating Committee shall consist of Chairperson, Co-Chairperson, and as many members as deemed necessary. The duties shall be to keep the Association current with the USGA course rating recommendations and procedures.
Section 5. Calendar Chairperson will assist the WSNGA Secretary in preparing the yearly calendar.
Section 6. The Audit Committee shall be appointed by the President. Three members from different Golf Associations will comprise the committee and will conduct an audit of the WSNGA treasury every two years and provide a report in writing as to the status of the treasury and the bookkeeping procedures.
Section 7: The Handicap Chairperson shall select as many committee members as deemed necessary. The duties shall be to keep the Association current with recommendations and procedures under the USGA Handicap System.
The rules contained in the most recent edition of Robert’s Rules of Order shall govern the WSNGA in all cases where they are not inconsistent with these bylaws and any special rules of order the WSNGA may adopt.
These bylaws may be amended at any regular meeting of the WSNGA by a two-thirds vote, provided the amendments have been submitted electronically, or in writing, to the members of the WSNGA Board of Directors at least thirty (30) days prior to such amendments being brought to a vote.
Dissolution of Women’s Southern Nevada Golf Association Corporation
Upon dissolution of the WSNGA Corporation or the winding up of its affairs, the assets of the Corporation shall be distributed exclusively to charitable, religious, scientific, testing for public safety, literary, or educational organizations which would then qualify under the provisions of Section 501©(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and its regulations as they may hereafter be amended.
The foregoing Bylaws of the Women’s Southern Nevada Golf Association were approved, amended, and adopted during the year 1991.
First Revision, 1/9/95
Second Revision, approved 11/26/2001
- Jensen, Schiring, Chamberlain, Taylor Win Boulder Creek SNGA Tour Titles
- Trstenjak, Roser, Carpendale, Berton, LiCausi, Ortega Win 2023 SNGA Championship Titles
- CasaBlanca Always Terrific Host for Annual SNGA Events
- Board Spotlight – Golf Has Been With David Roger Every Step of the Way
- Official Member Club Spotlight – Kirby Golf Association