Golf & Glam – Align Yourself with Impact Plays
Hey Golfing Beauties!
I’ve always admired the strength, angles and athletic positions of a solid golf swing. I try my best to learn and emulate from some of the best players in the game when it comes to their positions through impact. As women, we don’t have the power and strength of likes of Tiger Woods or Dustin Johnson, but we can develop similar fundamentals. Just working on the fundamentals can give us extra yardage.
Let’s make an impact together, so we can hit solid and more consistent shots.
3 TIPS TO MAKING AN IMPACT:
- Stay Down – Most amateurs share the same tendencies; they lift up through the impact position. This is very common because we are anxious to see where our ball is going. Staying down is one of the most important fundamentals to create a better impact position. It requires trusting your swing and committing to your shot. When making your transition to your down swing try keeping your chest down through the ball. Listen for the noise your club face makes at impact before looking for your ball!
- Strong Core – It’s important to understand that your core muscles are guiding your swing. The core is what stabilizes your body throughout your entire golf swing. Strengthening your core will help provide a more consistent and strong impact position. Tighten your core and tighten your impact!
- Good Extension – Having good extension at impact and in your follow through is a must. Good extension means to have strong forearms and width through the golf ball. Good extension through the ball will allow your club to travel on a wide swing plane and creates solid contact.
Hope I make an “Impact” on your golf swing this month!
- LV Golf Hall of Fame Induction Brings Community Together
- Seiji Liu Earns Medalist at 2022 U.S. Mid-Amateur Sectional Qualifier
- Yana Wilson Joins Wright, Lopez, Park as U.S. Girls Junior Amateur
- Get your USGA golf handicap in 3 easy steps with Southern Nevada Golf Association
- Hogle, Morley Advance to U.S. Senior Amateur