Member Club Spotlight – Winterwood Men’s Golf Association
When the history of golf in Southern Nevada is discussed, the historic Winterwood Men’s Golf Association should be part of the discussion. The club got its start decades ago at the old Winterwood golf course that became Desert Rose and is now Club at Sunrise. In the 1980s, the club moved to Boulder City Golf Course. Here’s the Winterwood story.
Legendary SNGA volunteers and leaders Clyde Cobb, Jerry Clark and others originally created the association that is still going strong in 2023.
For more information on Winterwood or the other 90+SNGA member clubs, visit www.snga.com/snga-member-clubs
“It’s just a great group of guys to play with; they take the game seriously, but they also have fun with it,” says Bob Stolz, 3rd vice president. “We also hold a charity tournament every year that gives money to a scholarship fund the Boulder City High School, boys and girls golf teams.”
The bond is real for the players, some of whom who have been with the group since the beginning.
“It’s the camaraderie of the group and it’s good brotherhood thing,” says Bob Keiser.
Click now to find out more about Winterwood.
- Women’s Southern Nevada Golf Association Makes History with Inaugural Annual Awards
- SNGA is One Stop Spot for Southern Nevada Amateur Golf Schedules
- McEvoy-Mitchell, Futrell-Sawaia, Woerner-English, Roberts-Kanthak Win Aliante Tour Titles
- Member Club Spotlight – Historic Valley View Golf Club
- Golf Is Wind Behind Sails of Jay Ship