Yana Wilson Joins Wright, Lopez, Park as U.S. Girls Junior Amateur
Coronado High product, SNGA and SNJGA member Yana Wilson joined historical names such as Mickey Wright, Nancy Lopez and her own hero, Las Vegas’ Inbee Park, and won the USGA U.S. Girls Junior Amateur.
Wilson won the U.S. Girls’ Junior Championship on Saturday, rallying to beat Gianna Clemente, 3 and 2, in hot conditions in the 36-hole final at The Club at Olde Stone in Kentucky.
The victory earns her plenty of cool stuff, including an exemption in to the 2023 U.S. Women’s Open at Pebble Beach.
“Honestly, I’m so excited and I’m even more thrilled that it’s at pebble beach, so it’ll be awesome,” Wilson told www.lasvegasgolfinsider.com. “I’m just going to keep working hard and do my best at the U.S. Women’s Open next year. I have no expectations. I mean this year for the U.S. Girls Junior, I didn’t really have any expectations. I didn’t really expect myself to win. So, I feel like I might just carry on that same mindset with me when I play the Open. People don’t expect me to win the whole golf tournament, especially at the Open because I will be playing against the world’s best. I’m just going to do my best and see what happens.”
More comments from Yana upon returning home below.
View this post on Instagram
- Jensen, Schiring, Chamberlain, Taylor Win Boulder Creek SNGA Tour Titles
- Trstenjak, Roser, Carpendale, Berton, LiCausi, Ortega Win 2023 SNGA Championship Titles
- CasaBlanca Always Terrific Host for Annual SNGA Events
- Board Spotlight – Golf Has Been With David Roger Every Step of the Way
- Official Member Club Spotlight – Kirby Golf Association